已经注册?

创建帐户后,在这里登陆,以更新完成您的个人资料,或进行在线申请。

登录


提交申请

搜索我们当前的职位空缺,并提出申请。

立即申请


 

历史

The company was launched in 1887 when Harvey Benjamin Fuller, Sr., traveled from Chicago to St. Paul, Minnesota, with the sole intention of inventing and selling glue. In Chicago Fuller had experimented with glue mixing, while successfully buying, repackaging, and marketing an existing adhesive that was guaranteed to 'cement everything.' His marketing took the form of various promotional rhymes, including clever Mother Goose spoofs: 'Maid was in the garden, hanging out her clothes/Along came a blackbird, and nipped off her nose/When she found her nose was off, what was she to do/But go and stick it on again with FULLER'S `PREMIUM GLUE.' Fuller regarded St. Paul, together with its 'twin city' Minneapolis, as the ideal urban center to establish his business, for general industry was thriving there and competition was scarce. In addition, flour, then a key ingredient in gluemaking, was in abundant supply because of a strong agricultural base and such rising concerns as Pillsbury and General Mills's precursor, Washburn-Crosby Company.

Read More

 

The Story of H.B. Fuller:

1887    Harvey Fuller moves to St. Paul, manufactures flour and water paste

1901    Harvey Fuller invents unique scaffolding


1915    H.B. Fuller Company incorporates

1921    Harvey Fuller Jr. assumes H.B. Fuller presidency

1924    Fuller line includes many new formulas for canning

1929    H.B. Fuller sales reach unprecedented level at $157,000

1934    Elmer Anderson joins Fuller, specializing in advertising and sales

1938    Ray Burgess develops revolutionary new hot pick-up adhesive

 

1941    In ill heath, Harvey Fuller sells company to Elmer Anderson

1946    Fuller sales reach $1 million

1949    Elmer Anderson becomes candidate for Minnesota State

1950    Fuller establishes seven branch plants; growth rate skyrockets

 

1953    Fuller’s 11th facility opens in Portland, Oregon

1956    Fuller produces 600 adhesive products; sales reach $6 million

1959    Fuller begins international expansion in Canada and the Bahamas, Fuller sales reach $10 million; reorganization strategy announced


1961    Fuller’s international markets span South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia

1964    Fuller merges its nine independent companies

1965    Record sales hit $20.8 million as company reorganizes into four geographical regions

1968    Sales at H.B. Fuller increase to new high of $36.6 million

1968    Fuller has first public stock ordering

 

1971    Tony Anderson becomes Fuller president

1974    Fuller sales top $100 million, even in recession

1977    Fuller distributes 100-percent stock dividend

1978    Fuller purchases 180 acres in Vadnais Heights for future headquarters

1980    Sales of $296 million set new records


1981    Construction begins at Willow Lake, site of new Fuller lab, Fuller reorganizes focuses on strategic business units

1982    H.B. Fuller acquires Isar-Rakoll Chemie, expands European presence

1982    H.B. Fuller institutes 14-step quality control program

1982    Willow Lake research facility opens

1984    Fuller named to Fortune 500 based on 1983 performance

1985    Fuller signs joint venture agreement with Guangdong Province, China

1986    Fuller reaches $500 million sales goal

 

1994    $1.1 billion worldwide sales

2002    Moved trading of public stock to NYSE – ticker symbol FUL

2005 & 2006 – Forbes magazine named H.B. Fuller to its Platinum 400 list of best managed big companies in America, and one of the top 10 companies in the chemical industry

 

2010    H.B. Fuller announces expansion to India with a $12 million manufacturing facility being built in Pune.

2011    Fuller opens its manufacturing facility in Nanjing, China; the first adhesives manufacturing facility of its kind in the Asia Pacific market focused on reactive technologies.